vCoke@Life

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"BSB"

Just get back from meeting with Ms. E at Mentari Business Park, Sunway. Bizz stuff, however the ending is not very well. No prob, normal la tu. From Sunway, I drove back using Federal Highway. Bump into heavy traffic. What TF! At 11.58 p.m weekdays still jam? Unfortunately, this heavy traffic cost by an accident on the other side of the road. This really pisses me off. How the hell, sebelah sane yang accident, jalan sini plak jam? To me it was fucking simple, If you want to help, pull over, or, just drive. Anak ayam punye driver.

Speaking of traffic, it reminds me to Bandar Seri Begawan (BSB), Brunei traffic scene. What surprise me was I never heard people honking during my time driving there. Gile peaceful. No stress. Honest.

“Malasnye aku…” This is what I wrote on my last post when I was asked to go to Brunei by my superior.

Normally, I did some background check on that place(s) that I want to visit/go, so I can put up some expectation. For this trip = none. Furthermore, I don’t have a clue bout Brunei. Only thing I know, they have a Harley Davidson boutique.

Start at LCCT Sepang, met my colleague, Mr. A and new friend Ms. A a.k.a budak kecil yang mengaku comel, off we go to Brunei.

Well, when I touch down at Brunei airport and queuing to get clearance from the immigration, I heard something similar that normally I heard at mosque. Azan in the airport… Maybe to the rest it’s normal, but I damm impressed and I know what to expect.

There, waiting for us, Pn. S (bunyi cam tue gile Pn. S) a.k.a Mrs. J, pick us up from airport to the hotel. Thank god for to Pn. S, everything has been set, accommodation, etc.

Hotel where I stay


1st day : We have dinner, at Rest. Aneka Rasa, near a river I think. Then, the conversation is more like sesi suai kenal. While having some chit to the chat, I notice there was a boat passing by and stop just few meter from us. One passenger walk out from the bot to the Rest. Where are they come from? According to Pn. S, they come from Perkampungan Ayer (Water Village), among the Brunei pioneer residence. Further more they have their own Mosque, school etc on the Village of the Water!

Perkampungan Ayer @ Kiangeh


2nd day : We got our transport, Toyota Corolla (SE saloon-diesel) on the next day. 1st thing 1st. Went to Harley Boutique after finish the office stuff. Besar sial. Unfortunately the shop was close. After refuel(murah gile minyak kat sane), back to hotel for shower, before went to Kiangeh, to have Ms. A favorite food(also her medicine to her sickness), the famous “Satay Urat”. Taste like “Satay Perut” but a bit soft. 4 stick for 1 Brunei Dollar. Makan sampai kenyang. Here also the place that we get our Malaysian phone coverage (Part of Celcom so called territories).

Our ride...


Harley Boutique


Minyak murah gile..

They said this mosque has kubah made from gold.



3rd day :It was Friday, and a holiday for Brunei. Their weekend on Friday and Sunday(Don’t how they plan their vacay). Using Pn. S Nissan Sentra, we drove to Miri, Sarawak for Pn.S passport renewal purposes. Well, I’m the one who driving, and it feel like driving at Muadzam Shah. Long road like a highway with lots of trees. The driving took us bout 1 hour to the border and another ½ an hour to Miri town.After had our lunch, while Pn. S renew her passport, me and Mr.A went to Miri Kraft Center. Nothing much, a lot of “sumpit” but none of “cawat”, bought some souvenir and stop by at Taman Awam Miri..Take some pictures and enjoy the scenary(atas jembatan gantung).

We stop at Jerudong for lepak-lepak, pekene Kepak Ayam goreng(lazat gile), then when to cantremembertheplacename, ate Nasi Katok for our dinner. For 1 Brunei Dollar, you get rice with chicken. Murah gilos.


1st Tol we met near to Miri border.

Jambatan Gantung at Miri


4thday : After back from work (Sabtu kije siol sane), went to The Mall, where I got my sleeve tattoo (kat Malaysia susah mau dapat), then our dinner was sponsor by Mrs. J, Pn. S husband and the menu was the famous Satay Urat!

5thday :There was a weeding invitation from one of the colleague. Compare to our country, Brunei wedding ceremony has many level. According to Pn. S, they have 7 level. Kalo kat Malaysia camni, mampus, habis duit kat kawin. I wore jeans + shirt that day, a normal attire for weeding ceremony in Malaysia. After met with Pn. S and the family, off we go to the wedding. Reach there around 2.30 – 3 p.m. Suddenly, I notice every male there wearing full set of Baju Melayu. Bapak segan sioll. Only me and Mr. A wearing casual. Buat dek, join the crowd. The wedding was separate into 2, male and femal section. So we lepak at male section. Just sit there and staring at the food. Damm, hungry. We cannot eat until the akad nikah finish and unfortunately for us, the akad nikah finish around 5.00p.m. Damm. Eat then blah..we when to other mall in kiangeh where Ms. A terpeleot..hahahahah….Then we have dinner at Pn. S house...kenyang+sedap gile...(she claim that she cooked..ehehehe)

The look on the male side @ wedding...lapar...


Xbox 360 as one of the hantaran


Minah ni shopping sakan


6thday :During the office break, we rush to the Harley Boutique where I got my HD Key, wallet, shirt and patches. Best tahap gaban. Then sent Mr.A and Ms. A to airport and I leave alone at Brunei, continue the mission.

I went back to Malaysia the next day.. well after all, It was unforgetful experience. If the company want to sent me to work at Brunei, maybe I will consider the offer…hahaha…


Mr. J, Mrs. J, Ms. A, me and Mr. A after the kenyages dinner ever...thanks Pn.S..

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home