vCoke@Life

Sunday, June 10, 2007

“the Pursuit of Happiness”

Today is Saturday. It was a weekend not a weekdays. Normally, during weekend, working people do what they can’t do during weekdays which are the day they busting their ass to earn bread and butter. A lot of activities to be choose actually, especially at night. For me, I have a list thing to do as below.

Siji ) Do my laundry (a huge pile of dirty clothes )

Loro) Finish my alumni book design (been drag for so long, today is the dateline though)

Telo) Clean up my room (used to be, now look like my store room)

Papat) Have a nice lunch than have a good, nice, cozy sleep

That is the top 4 list (in Jawa counting). But, I’ve to postpone it coz I got this Conjunctivitis thingy. Just confirm it with doctor this morning. When u got this, your eyes will flood with fluid and it’s hard for you to open it. It also feels like it gonna come out straight away. Actually, is not that that bad. I just over expressed it so it looks more interesting.hehehe. But however it is, it messes with your plan a bit. Yup, ended up wake up at 3.00 p.m(maybe coz of the painkiller I took) and sit here on my couch written this blog in my boxer short even though doctor said “no computer, no tv”. Whatever doc!.

I just got back from outstation (JB) working, yesterday. Tiring, but what interesting in JB that there was a place u can get a cheap DVD(movie) with a great quality. Buy 5, free 1 at cost of RM 6.00. Interesting part is, there got their own websites too, and you can buy online (terms and condition apply). Love technology. As usual, I bought bulk of DVD coz I’m a movie maniac. One movie that I bought is “the Pursuit of Happiness” cast by Will Smith. I’m not really a fan of him, but in this movie he done a great job. Summarize is, a father struggle to earn money to make a living and supporting his 5 year old kids. Sound quite normal right, but watch it 1st, than u got how deep it sound and why it named such ways, “the Pursuit of Happiness”.

Some says, my posting here sound depressed. Yes. Agreed with that, coz life been depressed lately. However, a few things I realize after watching this Will Smith movie, “how lucky I am”. Chris Gardner(Will Smith) still continue his life, trying to make it better even though has to sleep in public toilet with his kid as a shelter after being kick out from his motel due to failure to pay his bill. He won’t give up. That’s deep. Yeah, maybe it was a common stuff. We heard it, we saw it before. Sometimes it come to our head and go without make any sense. But there is a time u really feels it and understands it. The moment.

A few weeks before I went to JB, I meet my former boss. I use to work under him. As far as I know him, he is happy go lucky, always smiling, full of jokes and never sees anger in his face. Nice guy, and really motivated. I never had a chance to talk to him, chat about personal stuff, but that day, we chat. At first he refuse to open up with me, but getting stories is one of my specialties (but won’t work on my girl), he told me his life story. His whole family has been haunted with this so called evil spirit for years. Just imagine, while you’re family, watching television together, a glass flying across the room and hit the wall. While you walking towards your room, someone slap you in the face and you don’t know who does that. And many more. This weirdo stuff keeps going on for 13 years, day and night and yet he still stands strong. Never break. He admitted it, at first he almost gave up, but life has to move on. He refused to believe that this thing is revenge thingy, just unlucky. That’s all. Just keep on fighting and surviving.

I got a friend, my colleague at work. Get married years back. His wife working at Sarawak, and he’s working here in KL. God just gave him a lovely beautiful son but unfortunately for him, his son tested +ve SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)… This all happening while his contract with our company nearly expired plus financially problem and his wife have to take a long unpaid leaves to take care of her son. Thousand of dollars has been spent to find cure for his sons. Many places he went and asked for cure. He never complains. He still can go to work and laugh even though his son has 50/50 chances to survive. He never shows it in his face. Respect him for this.

All this, make me realize, how big problem you think have, there is other people who has a bigger problem than you. Just thank god that you are lucky. Life has to move on. Problem can be solved. Deal with it. Face it. Sort it, one by one and asked god for help. The thing is, how you manage it.


All this is pursuit to happiness. Yup.


I think, the dosage that I take, slowly get to me. Feel very sleepy now…Damm..I need a long vacation…Phuket, here I come….Hardly to open my eyes now….Sweety pie,.…zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz……

3 Comments:

  • At 5:45 AM , Blogger Passionnista said...

    it's good tht life reminds us tht we all are the same in a way..the difference is how we make our life n principle to be
    Rock on!

     
  • At 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    a nice movie and deeply moved by it... but if you reckon why does happiness was spelt as happyness in that movie??? as for me I do have the answer but then again it's superficial and subjective though

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger vCoke said...

    lostcapulet,

    Rock on!

    cooper s,

    Thks for mention it. This is the nursery part..I follow wht Chris Gardner taught his son, using "i" instead of "y"..hehehe..yup, It's superficial and subjective...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home