vCoke@Life

Monday, May 21, 2007

“Black Hole”

“A black hole is an object with a gravitational field so powerful that a region of space becomes cut off from the rest of the universe – no matter or radiation (including light) that has entered the region can ever escape. As not even light can escape, black holes appear black (resulting in the name for these objects).” – wikipedia-

Ring any bell bout this black hole? Have you ever bump into one? I did. Not really same but similar. Just a day before, at my company’s data center. It almost 5.30 p.m and my office’s hours will end. Thinking bout all problems currently I’m facing with, I decided to have some smoke outside of the office. Light a cigarette and sit on the bench in front of the office. Felt quiet boring, so I decided to go on tour, of my office area.

Stop. Let me describe to you about my office area. It quiet spooky at night, there. At the back of the office area, has one big bush (you may call it a little jungle) and abandoned unfinished construction site. The road to my office has stories. Freaky story. They said there is a student died at one of the corner of the road. Accident. Many said, that they bump into and odd white figure with long hair.

But I’m don’t really care bout all that stuff. Not that I’m a brave man but don’t really bother coz so far I didn’t bump into one. Ok, let’s continue. While the smoke of my cigarettes running out of my nose, I further up my steps. Walk into a restroom. Washed my face, and tidy up my belt. Suddenly I felt my stomach hurts. Damm hurts. Felt like there is an alien inside. Arghh!! What’s happening? While I take out my shirt to relieve the pain, I heart something weird. Something unpleasant. When I looked back, I found my phone casing was all over the floor. And next to it was the black hole. Shit! Where’s my phone? Not at my leather case. Damm! My nokia communicator has been suck into the black hole.

That time I’m stunt. Everything paused. Everything stop. Even though it was like few second, I felt like hours. After I get into my consciousness, I started to think how to get back my communicator. Everything is in that communicator. Everything man. All important data is in there. I tried to find something that strong and long enough to poke into the black hole. I still can see my communicator in the black hole, blinking.. calling for help. She’s drowning.

I tried everything, but failed. Last chance. I have to sacrifice my hand. This will be a history of my life. Never mind, I’ll do it for all man kind. Use my hand to get into the black hole. Using some long plastic as a protection, I began to put my hand slowly into the black hole. Stucked. The hole was to small compared to my arm. Again, I failed. Suddenly, there was a light. Some sort of flash light. I felt dizzy a bit. Then I saw my boss and my colleagues giggling. Blank..

While I’m nearly gave up, started to think bout forgetting that USD 740 phone, lost my way to communicates for a few days, one of my colleagues (Mr Hero), step forward . He’s offering me his help. Slowly he, he take his hand and put it into the black hole. Everyone waiting..


Me : “Feel anything?”

Mr. Hero : Silent…..

From his face, I can see he's struggling. Like something biting his hand.

Me : “Got it?”

Mr. Hero : Silent …..

Few minutes past by….suddenly..

Mr. Hero : “Sorry Jag…It hard, my hand hurts….sorry, I can’t help you”.

While he take his hand out of the black hole, I saw his arm bleeding and a lot of slimy liquid got into his hand. And the smell, God! Stink like hell.

He went straight to the sinky, and dropped something. My Nokia Communicator. He’s smiling. What a relief….

While I hold my breath washing the communicator for a zillion times, my mouth cursing, mumbling about the stinky black hole, the toilet bowl’s hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home